FAST INTERNET WITH FIBER TECHNOLOGY
FIBER VS. CABLE
As your home and business technology needs continue to evolve, fiber is the future-proof solution for delivering high bandwidth that can keep up with your growing needs. From video streaming to cloud computing and voice, only fiber can deliver the immense bandwidth that these applications of the future require, and now it can be yours.
- Fiber is used all the way to the customer location
- Technology was developed for communication to overcome the limitations of copper networks
- Delivers signal using light; does not conduct electricity
- Not susceptible to interference
- Data can travel long distances without losing signal
- Faster two-way transmission speeds of up to 1GB per second
- Reliable and stable in all weather – moisture not a problem
- Copper is run to the customer location, even if fiber is used in the network backbone
- Technology was developed to add data transmission to then-existing cable TV networks
- Delivers signal using electricity
- Can suffer from electromagnetic interference
- Data cannot travel as far and signal degrades over shorter distances
- Upload speeds are generally much lower than download speeds
- Moisture is bad for metal cables and connections
Jaguar Communications is proud to bring Fiber Optic Services to your community. Fiber has become the leading technology for the next generation of communications networks worldwide. It is quickly replacing legacy copper and coaxial networks.
When you connect to Jaguar’s fiber service you will be connecting with the speed of light, up to 1 Gigabit per second. When you are watching your favorite movie, surfing the net, gaming, downloading music and videos, or telecommuting, Jaguar offers the fastest, most reliable service available.
Just how fast is 1 Gigabit? It’s the equivalent of 1,000 Megabits per second, which is over 100 times faster than the U.S. high-speed average. With a Gigabit connection, you could download an entire digital movie copy (14 GB) in less than two minutes.
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHY THE FIBER CHOICE
IS THE RIGHT CHOICE:
Surveys have shown that, in many markets, FTTH subscribers pay approximately the same for their internet, voice and video services as do DSL and traditional cable customers. Even in areas where FTTH subscribers pay more for their services, surveys report that customers say fiber is worth the extra money and consider it a better value, given the speed and resiliency of FTTH.
Satisfaction rates are consistently shown to be higher for FTTH than other types of broadband in a variety of market surveys. Consumers say higher satisfaction is based on both reliability and speed; and, they appreciate having one of the most stable, speedy, and advanced forms of data transmission available run all the way to their homes.
Based on a recent 2014 survey, there are 10.4 million homes connected to fiber in North America compared with 9.7 million in May 2013. And there are now 58 providers offering gigabit-per-second packages. In those homes, users report spending over 5 hours a day online and have an average of 5.5 internet-connected devices. Broadband users under age 35 report getting over half of their video content from online sources using a variety of devices, including computers, tablets, and cell phones.